Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Live within the sound of Your voice...

Heard an old CCM song today by Amy Morriss on the radio. Looked all over the internet and couldn't find it to download. I've listened to a 30 sec. sample for a while though:

[Let me] live within the sound of Your voice
I want my heart so in tune, that I hear
You whisper my name...

Powerful thought. Convicting. Definately find myself caught in the busyness of life and not making time to listen for God. Ideally though, it woudn't be a single time where I listen, but rather I really "live within the sound" of His voice constantly. In some ways I think it follows the train of Paul's thought in Galatians 5

Walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. [...] If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

How do you make it a lifestyle, and not a fad that quickly fades after a few days. Scarily reminscent of the seeds that fell on the rocky ground in Mark 4:

Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil. And when the sun rose, it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away.



1 comment:

  1. A.W. Tozer talks about this in his book The Pursuit of God...how we should be in tune with God all the time, having Him always in our minds, and looking for Him in everything we do and see. Hard thing to think about...

    ReplyDelete